India to launch sub-sonic missile Nirbhay in Feb
Nirbhay is being developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment lab based in Bangalore.
Bangalore: India would flight test sub-sonic, medium range cruise missile Nirbhay, in February 2013, a key defence official said on Friday. Nirbhay is being developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a Defence Research and Development Organisation lab based in Bangalore, VK Saraswat, Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister, said in Bangalore.
"This is in the final stage of integration and we expect to launch it next month", Saraswat, also Secretary in the Department of Defence (R&D) and DRDO Director General, said.
He said Nirbhay has good loitering capability, good control and guidance, high degree of accuracy in terms of impact and very good stealth features. ADE Director P S Krishnan said Nirbhay would be launched from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Orissa.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1