India to launch sub-sonic missile Nirbhay in Feb
Nirbhay is being developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment lab based in Bangalore.
Bangalore: India would flight test sub-sonic, medium range cruise missile Nirbhay, in February 2013, a key defence official said on Friday. Nirbhay is being developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a Defence Research and Development Organisation lab based in Bangalore, VK Saraswat, Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister, said in Bangalore.
"This is in the final stage of integration and we expect to launch it next month", Saraswat, also Secretary in the Department of Defence (R&D) and DRDO Director General, said.
He said Nirbhay has good loitering capability, good control and guidance, high degree of accuracy in terms of impact and very good stealth features. ADE Director P S Krishnan said Nirbhay would be launched from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Orissa.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit