India to meet poverty reduction goal by 2015: UN Report
Despite widespread poverty in the country, India is on track to meet the United Nations' Millennium Development Goal (MDG) of poverty reduction by 2015, a UN report said on Friday. "...although poverty remains widespread in India, progress has been substantial. In India, the poverty rate fell from 49 per cent in 1994 to 42 per cent in 2005 and to 33 per cent in 2010. If the current pace continues, India will meet the poverty reduction target by 2015," UN Secretary-General's Millennium Development Goals report released by UN Information Centre said in Delhi.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Sarkar 3 First Look: Amitabh Bachchan Is Back As Subhash Nagre in RGV's Film
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It