India to pledge Rs 14 crore to Syria
This assistance will be in the form of life saving drugs, food and other essential items required by the people of Syria.
New Delhi: Deeply concerned about the hardships and sufferings of the people of Syria as a result of unabated violence there, India will be pledging about Rs 14 crore towards humanitarian assistance in a United Nations conference which will be held in Kuwait on Wednesday. This assistance will be in the form of life saving drugs, food and other essential items required by the people of Syria, Ministry of External Affairs said.
Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed will be participating in the 'High-level International Humanitarian Pledging Conference for Syria', an important initiative of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs to express support to the humanitarian needs of the Syrian people. It is being hosted by the Emir of Kuwait.
"In keeping with India's commitment to extend support to the Syrian people, India will be pledging an amount of around Rs 14 crores towards humanitarian assistance to the people of Syria in the conference," the ministry added.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone