DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
India views detection of tunnel in J&K seriously: Antony
Following the detection of the tunnel, a general inspection across the border area was progressing, Antony said.
Thiruvananthapuram: India has viewed seriously the matter of a tunnel being detected from Pakistan side into the country in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba sector, Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday said.
"Yes, a tunnel has been found. We have taken the matter seriously," Antony said when asked about the detection of 400-mt-long tunnel from Pakistan side into India in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba sector.
Following the detection of the tunnel, a general inspection across the border area was progressing, Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
"I do not want to react more on the matter as a general inspection on the border areas is on," Antony said. The tunnel, which was apparently dug for infiltration and smuggling, was detected on July 28 after an area caved-in in a straight line at two-three places due to rains near the border fencing near Chillayari Border Out Post (BoP) of BSF along the International Border in Samba sector.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017