India views detection of tunnel in J&K seriously: Antony
Following the detection of the tunnel, a general inspection across the border area was progressing, Antony said.
Thiruvananthapuram: India has viewed seriously the matter of a tunnel being detected from Pakistan side into the country in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba sector, Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday said.
"Yes, a tunnel has been found. We have taken the matter seriously," Antony said when asked about the detection of 400-mt-long tunnel from Pakistan side into India in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba sector.
Following the detection of the tunnel, a general inspection across the border area was progressing, Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
"I do not want to react more on the matter as a general inspection on the border areas is on," Antony said. The tunnel, which was apparently dug for infiltration and smuggling, was detected on July 28 after an area caved-in in a straight line at two-three places due to rains near the border fencing near Chillayari Border Out Post (BoP) of BSF along the International Border in Samba sector.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes
- 'Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields'
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp