India win 2 medals in shotgun competition in Finland
India's Priyanshu Pandey clinched the individual gold medal in double trap event at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition in Finland.
New Delhi: India's Priyanshu Pandey Wednesday clinched the individual gold medal in double trap besides claiming a silver in the team event along with his teammates at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition in Orimattila, Finland.
It was Pandey's excellent shooting in the finals and semi-finals that brought him the yellow metal after a rather none-too-impressive outing in the qualification round. The team of Pandey (102), Sanjay Rathore (105) and Ahvar Rizvi (93) won the silver medal in the team event.
Although Pandey didn't have a good score in the qualification round, where he shot 102/150, his score of 24 in semifinals and 23 in the finals earned him the gold medal. This is his second international competition. Sanjay Singh Rathore shot 105 in qualification round and was ranked 6th in the final round.
The trap and skeet event for both boys and girls will be held Thursday. Indian junior shooters have recently showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international shooting tournaments in Germany and Czech Republic earlier this month.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Irom Sharmila Meets Kejriwal, Seeks Advice on Fighting Manipur Polls