India win 2 medals in shotgun competition in Finland
India's Priyanshu Pandey clinched the individual gold medal in double trap event at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition in Finland.
New Delhi: India's Priyanshu Pandey Wednesday clinched the individual gold medal in double trap besides claiming a silver in the team event along with his teammates at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition in Orimattila, Finland.
It was Pandey's excellent shooting in the finals and semi-finals that brought him the yellow metal after a rather none-too-impressive outing in the qualification round. The team of Pandey (102), Sanjay Rathore (105) and Ahvar Rizvi (93) won the silver medal in the team event.
Although Pandey didn't have a good score in the qualification round, where he shot 102/150, his score of 24 in semifinals and 23 in the finals earned him the gold medal. This is his second international competition. Sanjay Singh Rathore shot 105 in qualification round and was ranked 6th in the final round.
The trap and skeet event for both boys and girls will be held Thursday. Indian junior shooters have recently showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international shooting tournaments in Germany and Czech Republic earlier this month.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Kapil Sibal Exclusive: Will Cong Family Loyalists Become Deserters?
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District