Indian airports low in world rankings; Hyderabad best in country
Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Airport has also been rated fifth best regional airport in Asia.
New Delhi: Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGI) has been rated as the best airport in India, the fifth best regional airport in Asia and the eighth best airport in the 5-10 million passengers per annum capacity category. The ratings were given at the recently concluded Skytrax-World Airport Awards held at the Passenger Terminal Expo in Geneva.
The RGI, along with Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) and Bengaluru International Airport (BIA), also figured in the list of the World's top 100 Airports. This year, however, Hyderabad's airport has been rated above Delhi's IGIA. While in 2012, RGI ranked at 77 and IGIA at 62, in 2013 Hyderabad's airport has grabbed the 65th position and Delhi's airport has been pushed down to 69.
The Indian airports, however, failed to make it to the top 10 airports of the world. Singapore Changi Airport was rated as the best airport in the world followed by Incheon International Airport, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, Munich Airport, Zurich Airport, Vancouver International Airport, Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) and London Heathrow Airport
In the category of the Best Airports in India, Hyderabad has been rated at No. 1 followed by IGIA, BIA, Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and Chennai International Airport.
The World Airport Awards are based on the survey conducted on 12 million passengers in a 10-month period covering over 388 airports. It evaluates the total passenger experience across 39 airport service and product factors, covering arrival at an airport, transit and departure processes to the boarding gate. The World Airport Awards are the global benchmark of Airport Excellence and Quality Ranking.
List of best airports in India:
1. Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
2. Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport
3. Bengaluru International Airport (Bangalore)
4. Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
5. Chennai International Airport
6. Goa International Airport
7. Amritsar Raja Sansi International Airport
8. Kolkata International Airport
9. Ahmedabad International Airport
10. Trivandrum International Airport
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion