DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian-Americam doc named in US medical board
Surendra Varma is the Associate Dean of the Graduate Medical Education.
Houston: A prominent Indian-American doctor has been appointed to a key body of medical professionals in Texas.
Texas governor Rick Perry appointed Surendra Varma of Lubbock, Texas, and Robert Hootkins of Austin to the Texas Medical Board District Review Committees Three and Four.
Committee members evaluate medical practice or professional competency and make recommendations on investigations conducted by the board.
Varma is the Associate Dean of the Graduate Medical Education and the Resident Affairs at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Centre (TTUHSC).
He is also the Ted Hartman Endowed Chairman in Medical Education and vice-chairman of Pediatrics at TTUHSC School of Medicine.
He has been appointed as the District Three Review committee for a term to expire on January 15, 2018.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand