Indian-American woman murdered in US, ex-husband arrested
Baldeo Taneja, 62, his wife, Raminder Kaur, 63, were arrested in Nashville in connection with the slaying of Preeta Paul Gabba.
Washington: A 49-year-old Indian-American women has been murdered in the US and police have arrested her former husband and and his current wife in connection with case.
Baldeo Taneja, 62, his wife, Raminder Kaur, 63, were arrested in Nashville in connection with the slaying of Preeta Paul Gabba, who was fatally shot Saturday morning on a Germantown street, a suburb of Washington DC.
Teneja and Kaur have been charged with the first degree murder. Gabba was found on Saturday with a gunshot wound at a road in Germantown. She died at a hospital later.
According to the police, several witnesses said they saw a woman walking near the scene, but left the place before the police arrived. The couple married in 2002 in India but separated in 2010 when Taneja moved in with his girlfriend, according to court papers in the divorce case.
Both Taneja and Gabba claimed that the other was abusive. Taneja said Gabba was trying to control him and his business associates, while Gabba said Taneja physically abused her, according to court records.
Taneja, a resident of Nashville in Tennessee, was scheduled to be in court in Montgomery County on October 10 regarding a domestic issue. He, however, failed to appear for that hearing, the police said.
Police investigations further revealed that Taneja and his current wife, Raminder Kaur were both in Montgomery County on October 11 and October 12. They also found that Taneja and Kaur had purchased two firearms in Nashville on September 28.
Based on these facts, and other information, arrest warrants were issued for Taneja and Kaur for First Degree Murder and Conspiracy to commit First Degree Murder.
The couple was arrested in Nashville, Tennessee on October 13, 2013. Both have been charged as Fugitives from Justice in Nashville and are currently incarcerated in Tennessee.
The couple is awaiting extradition to Montgomery County in Maryland.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorist Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti