Indian archers win silver in World Cup
The Indian men's recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee lost to Great Britain in final.
Kolkata: The Indian men's recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee settled for a silver after going down to their opponents from Great Britain in the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya.
According to information received, the Indian trio lost the final with a margin of 211-222. The Indian threesome had 53 in the first end as against 58 by the trio of Laurence Godfrey, Simon Terry and Alan Willis.
In the second end of six arrows, the two teams were on equal terms scoring 53 each. In the third end, India could manage only 52 as against their opponents 56 while in the final end the Indians lost 53-56.
India's Olympic prospect Deepika Kumari had earlier won the women's individual recurve gold on Saturday.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18