Indian archers win silver in World Cup
The Indian men's recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee lost to Great Britain in final.
Kolkata: The Indian men's recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee settled for a silver after going down to their opponents from Great Britain in the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya.
According to information received, the Indian trio lost the final with a margin of 211-222. The Indian threesome had 53 in the first end as against 58 by the trio of Laurence Godfrey, Simon Terry and Alan Willis.
In the second end of six arrows, the two teams were on equal terms scoring 53 each. In the third end, India could manage only 52 as against their opponents 56 while in the final end the Indians lost 53-56.
India's Olympic prospect Deepika Kumari had earlier won the women's individual recurve gold on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle