Indian Army highly disciplined, professional force: MoD
The MoD denied reports of soldiers of Rajputana Rifles going on hunger strike in protest against the killing of 2 Army jawans by Pak troops.
Jammu: Denying reports of soldiers of Rajputana Rifles going on "hunger strike" in protest against the killing of two Army jawans by Pakistani troops, the Defence Ministry on Friday claimed such incidents do not "demoralise" the force. "The Indian Army is totally professional, disciplined and highly motivated force, which handles all situations in a professional manner at all times, including in Jammu and Kashmir," Public Relation Officer (PRO), MoD, Jammu, Col RK Palta said on Friday.
"Ours is a highly disciplined and motivated Army, and such incidents do not demoralise our men," he said. Rejecting local media reports that the soldiers of Rajputana Rifles went on a hunger strike against the killing of their two colleagues on LoC in Poonch, Col Palta said "the morale of the personnel is absolutely high, as at all times".
"The report is factually incorrect and totally baseless. There is no such incident of jawans going on hunger strike in protest against the killing of two soldiers," the PRO said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone