Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan over ceasefire violations
<p>India on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over ceasefire violations at brigadier-level flag meeting along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.</p>
India on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over ceasefire violations at brigadier-level flag meeting along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Army authorities over the ceasefire violations along LoC in Poonch at the brigadier-level flag meeting of the Indian and Pakistan today," a senior Army officer said.
The brigadier-level flag meeting between the two countries continued for an hour-and-a-half at Chakan-Da-Bagh forward post on the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district.
Following a large number of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops on the LoC last year, the DGMOs of the two countries had met at Wagah near Amritsar after 14 years on December 24 last.
"Pak authorities denied ceasefire violations from their side as usual," the Army officer said, adding the meeting was held in a cordial and conducive atmosphere.
There were five officers in the flag meeting team from both sides headed by Brigade commanders. Commander of 10 Brigade, Brig Sanjay Thakaran represented India.
On January 13, Army troops foiled an infiltration bid along LoC in Krishnagati forward area in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir. Alert Army troops guarding the borderline challenged them and bid was foiled after exchange of fire.
Indian officials are reported to have told their counterparts not to allow infiltration of militants and Border Action Team (BAT) attacks, warning that troops guarding the border will give a befitting reply in case of any violation.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18