DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian Army officers take Mandarin course
Eighteen senior army officials took part in the programme focused on honing Mandarin language skills of the participants.
Sonipat: A four-week training programme in Mandarin language for Indian Army officers concluded here last week, the organisers of O.P. Jindal Global University said.
Eighteen senior army officials took part in the programme focused on honing Mandarin language skills of the participants, the private university said in a statement.
The augmenting of verbal communication skills in Mandarin by native Chinese instructors will be gainfully utilised by army officers at diplomatic fora, bilateral negotiations with the Chinese military, border meetings and the like, the statement added.
Delivering the valedictory address, Lt.Gen (retd) S.P. Tanwar, former Director General Military Training, said, "Understanding China is of paramount importance for us in India. As military leaders, we need to keep honing our skills in Mandarin to be able to deal better with the Chinese counterparts."
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users