DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian athletes top IAAF list of dope offenders
Among the top Indians in the list were double Asian Games gold medallist Ashwini Akkunji and top quarter-miler Mandeep Kaur.
New Delhi: India has nothing to boast of in terms of achievements at world stage in athletics, but the country has topped in the number offenders caught for doping under IAAF rules.
In the latest IAAF list of dope offenders updated till October 31, a whopping 40 Indian athletes figured in the list out of 204 dope offenders all over the world.
Among the top Indians in the list were double Asian Games gold medallist Ashwini Akkunji and other top quarter-milers Mandeep Kaur and Sini Jose who were caught by the NADA in Indian athletics' worst doping scandal that hit the headlines last year.
The tests of all the 40 Indian athletes were done in the last three years.
India has never won an Olympic medal and the country has just one medal in World Championships -- a bronze won by Anju Bobby George in long jump in 2003.
But the whopping number of 40 dope cheats produced by the country in three years would be something to be ashamed of.
The number of athletes caught for doping in recent years would now put weightlifters to shame who were earlier the main dope offenders in Indian sport.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics