Indian boy from Dubai tops ISC
The second position was grabbed by Kerala's Kalyani Vishnu and third position by Kolkata's Rhine Samajdar.
New Delhi/Thiruvananthapuram: For the first time, an Indian student from outside the country topped the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examination. Dubai Model High School's Rohan Sampat with 99.50 per cent marks in his Class XII exams emerged as the overall topper in the ISC exam 2012.
The second position was grabbed by Kalyani Vishnu from Thiruvananthapuram who scored 99.25 percentage marks.
"I owe this to my wonderful teachers at the Christnagar School where I studied and also to my parents and, above all, to God Almighty," Kalyani said on Saturday.
She said she did not go for any private tuition and instead depended on her teachers who taught her at school.
"I want to be like my father who is now a deputy chief engineer with the Kerala State Electricity Board. I have taken the common engineering entrance examination of the Kerala government and have performed well. I wish to study in this city itself," added Kalyani, the only child of her parents.
The third position was secured by Rhine Samajdar of Calcutta Boys School with 99 per cent.
Girls have once again outperformed boys in the ISC examination result with pass percentage among girls in being 98.65 per cent and boys being 98.52 per cent.
(With additional inputs from PTI and IANS)
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology