Indian Challenge ends at Tashkent Challenger
Yuki Bhambri, Vishnu Vardhan and Sanam Singh got beaten in their respective first round matches.
Tashkent: India's campaign ended at the USD 125000 Tashkent ATP Challenger on Monday after Davis Cuppers, Yuki Bhambri, Vishnu Vardhan and Sanam Singh got beaten in their respective first round matches here.
In the first round matches of the main draw, eighth seeded Karol Beck of Slovakia scored a comfortable 6-1 6-3 win over Yuki, while Russia's Igor Kunitsyn beat Vishnu 6-3 6-4, and in a battle of qualifiers, Oleksandr Nedovyesov outplayed Sanam 6-0 6-4 here at the Olympic Tennis School.
India's lone pair in the doubles event, Yuki and Divij also went down fighting to third seeded German pair of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich in the first round.
The German pair won 6-4 6-4, ending India's challenge at the event. Meanwhile, in the first upset, local wild card Farrukh Dustov beat sixth seeded Vasek Pospisil of Canada 6-2 3-6 6-3 to enter the last sixteen stage.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP