DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian Challenge ends at Tashkent Challenger
Yuki Bhambri, Vishnu Vardhan and Sanam Singh got beaten in their respective first round matches.
Tashkent: India's campaign ended at the USD 125000 Tashkent ATP Challenger on Monday after Davis Cuppers, Yuki Bhambri, Vishnu Vardhan and Sanam Singh got beaten in their respective first round matches here.
In the first round matches of the main draw, eighth seeded Karol Beck of Slovakia scored a comfortable 6-1 6-3 win over Yuki, while Russia's Igor Kunitsyn beat Vishnu 6-3 6-4, and in a battle of qualifiers, Oleksandr Nedovyesov outplayed Sanam 6-0 6-4 here at the Olympic Tennis School.
India's lone pair in the doubles event, Yuki and Divij also went down fighting to third seeded German pair of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich in the first round.
The German pair won 6-4 6-4, ending India's challenge at the event. Meanwhile, in the first upset, local wild card Farrukh Dustov beat sixth seeded Vasek Pospisil of Canada 6-2 3-6 6-3 to enter the last sixteen stage.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong