'Indian firms can bid for Cairn India stake'
Speculation is rife on whether ONGC, GAIL and Oil India are mulling a joint bid for Cairn India to counter Vedanta's offer to buy majority stake.
New Delhi: All options are open for Indian state energy firms to make a bid to counter London-based Vedanta Resources' proposed offer to buy a majority stake in Cairn India, an oil ministry source said.
The oil ministry made the statement after a media report said ONGC, GAIL and Oil India were considering a joint bid for Cairn India. The oil ministry has not given any direction to state firms to make a counter bid for Cairn India, said the source, who did not wish to be named.
ONGC, Oil India and GAIL declined to comment. On August 16, Vedanta Resources said it would spend up to $ 9.6 billion to buy a majority stake in Cairn India, the Indian unit of the UK's Cairn Energy.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?