Indian fishermen apprehended by Pak marine agency
The Pakistani agency allowed remaining 84 fishermen to return in one boat.
Ahmedabad: Seventeen Indian fishermen have been apprehended and as many fishing trawlers seized by the Pakistan Marine Security Agency (PMSA) off Jakhau coast, Gujarat, near the international maritime boundary, a fishermen's association claimed on Wednesday.
"PMSA intercepted 18 boats yesterday, with at least 101 anglers on board, in the international waters off Jakhau coast. It apprehended 17 fishermen and 17 boats and took them to Karachi," National Fish Workers Forum's national secretary Manish Lodhari said.
The Pakistani agency allowed remaining 84 fishermen to return in one boat. These fishermen, who reached Ahmedabad on Wednesday, informed the local authorities. The boats were from Porbandar and fishermen were from across Gujarat, Lodhari said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- SRK Joins Sonakshi Sinha, Sidharth Malhotra On The Sets of Ittefaq
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar