Indian High Commissioner to meet Sarabjit on Thursday
Pakistan has so far granted officials of the Indian mission consular access to Sarabjit on two occasions.
Islamabad: Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan Sharat Sabharwal will visit Indian death row convict Sarabjit Singh, comatose in hospital following a brutal assault, on Thursday. Sabharwal is scheduled to be in Lahore on Thursday and would visit Sarabjit in hospital, the Indian High Commission said. There were no other details.
Pakistan has so far granted officials of the Indian mission consular access to Sarabjit on two occasions. Sarabjit, 49, was admitted to Lahore's Jinnah Hospital on Friday after he was assaulted by six prisoners. He sustained severe injuries, including a fractured skull, and is in a deep coma.
Doctors treating him said earlier on Tuesday that his condition had deteriorated. Sarabjit was sentenced to death for alleged involvement in a string of bombings in Punjab province that killed 14 people in 1990.
The outgoing Pakistan Peoples Party-led government put off his execution for an indefinite period in 2008. His family says he is the victim of mistaken identity and had inadvertently strayed across the border in an inebriated state.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone