Indian maid in Malaysia found dead
Ratwinder Kaur from Punjab was found dead with 90 per cent burns on her body in a shared storeroom of an apartment.
Kuala Lumpur: A 25-year-old Indian maid was found dead with 90 per cent burns on her body in Malaysia's Penang state in what appeared to be a suicide case. Ratwinder Kaur from Punjab was found dead in a shared storeroom of an apartment block, a few metres from the 18th floor apartment unit where she had worked in George Town area, police said.
Although initial investigation showed she could have set herself on fire as she had suffered 90 per cent burns, police have not ruled out the possibility of murder.
She was said to have started work with her Malaysian employers, a bank manager and a school teacher, about two months ago.
A police official said they had received a distress call at about 9.50 am local time yesterday from one of the employers and found a matchbox and a bottle with oil residue near the body.
"There are no signs of struggle in the apartment or the storeroom. Nothing was taken from the apartment as well," the official said.
He added that police were still waiting for the post-mortem report to determine whether the victim had consumed anything.
"She told her employers that she missed her family in India and wanted to go home," he said.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands