Indian medics to heal Sri Lankan Tamil wounds
Team to set up an operation theatre and an independent clinical lab.
New Delhi: Even as AIADMK leader J Jayalalitha is fasting to support the Sri Lankan Tamil cause, an Indian armed forces medical team will land shortly in Colombo.
The team comprising 50 personnel includes surgeons, nurses and paramedics.
It will be moving to the eastern coastal town of Pulmoddai to treat injured Tamil civilians.
They will work together with the Red Cross. They will set up an operation theatre and an independent clinical laboratory.
The team will gift medicines worth more than Rs three crore to Sri Lanka. This is the first time since the 2004 tsunami that an armed forces medical team from India will be officially sent to Sri Lanka.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models