Indian-origin student shot dead in Toronto
Fifteen-year-old Andrew Naidoo was shot by unknown assailants in his Toronto house on Sunday night.
Toronto: An Indian-origin teenage student has been shot dead in Toronto, police said. Fifteen-year-old Andrew Naidoo was shot by unknown assailants in his west-end Toronto townhouse complex late Sunday night. He succumbed to his injuries early Monday.
The teenager is the youngest murder victim in Toronto this year.
"This hole that was made will never be filled. He's like a son to many neighbouring mothers. Andrew loved his family. (He) is his mom's baby and nothing will change that," the victim's family said in a statement.
A Toronto police spokesperson said, "It's something you could never understand really. When we look at somebody of a young age we still consider them to be a young vulnerable person."
Police said they are looking for multiple suspects. There could a second victim of the shooting as Naidoo was with someone when he was shot.
"We believe a second victim, or witness, was chased by the suspects either just before or just after the shooting," said police who have released a youtube video seeking help from any witnesses to the crime.
Just last week, an Indian-origin student of the University of Waterloo near here drowned in the chilly waters of Pickerel Lake while trying to save a friend.
Ishan Srinivasan, 21, who lived in the Toronto suburb of Mississauga, drowned when their boat capsized in frigid waters, plunging him and his two friends into the lake. He was cremated in Toronto on Thursday.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare