Indian-origin woman burns hubby in US
Shriya Biman Patel, 25, has been arrested on charges of first-degree felony aggravated assault and arson.
Washington: An Indian-origin woman in the US set her husband on fire and locked him in a bathroom, after promising him a hot oil massage, police said.
Shriya Biman Patel, 25, has been arrested on charges of first-degree felony aggravated assault and arson and booked into the Travis County Jail in Austin, Texas.
An Austin police statement said officers answering a family disturbance call at a north Austin apartment on Monday night found a naked, severely burned 29-year-old man screaming in pain on the floor, with his wife nearby and a strong smell of gasoline in the air, the Daily Mail website reported on Friday.
Fire Captain Andy Reardon said the man was expecting his wife of one year to massage him with oil but the oil turned out to be gasoline.
The man, whose name has not been released, was airlifted to Brooke Army Medical Centre in San Antonio where he is said to be in a critical condition, suffering from second and third-degree burns to 70 per cent of his body.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw