Indian-origin woman burns hubby in US
Shriya Biman Patel, 25, has been arrested on charges of first-degree felony aggravated assault and arson.
Washington: An Indian-origin woman in the US set her husband on fire and locked him in a bathroom, after promising him a hot oil massage, police said.
Shriya Biman Patel, 25, has been arrested on charges of first-degree felony aggravated assault and arson and booked into the Travis County Jail in Austin, Texas.
An Austin police statement said officers answering a family disturbance call at a north Austin apartment on Monday night found a naked, severely burned 29-year-old man screaming in pain on the floor, with his wife nearby and a strong smell of gasoline in the air, the Daily Mail website reported on Friday.
Fire Captain Andy Reardon said the man was expecting his wife of one year to massage him with oil but the oil turned out to be gasoline.
The man, whose name has not been released, was airlifted to Brooke Army Medical Centre in San Antonio where he is said to be in a critical condition, suffering from second and third-degree burns to 70 per cent of his body.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army Avenges Uri With Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Pakistan Denies