DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian paddlers gear up for World TT Championship
Mouma Das would spearhead the women's team while the Men's team will be led by Achantha Sharath Kamal.
New Delhi: On a high after the best-ever medal haul at the Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships, nine Indian paddlers - five men and four women, will be leaving on Saturday for the World Championships in Paris starting on Monday.
Men's team will be led by Achantha Sharath Kamal while Mouma Das, who grabbed a silver and three bronze medals in the just concluded championships, will spearhead the women's challenge.
Reigning women's national champion K Shamini will also be a part of the squad for the event starting May 13, after she was declared fit.
"We increased our medal tally in the Commonwealth Championships which is a good sign. But we could have done better and won gold medals. Our players will learn a lot from these championships and will be confident going into Worlds.
They have got good practice before the competition," coach Bhawani Mukherjee said.
Indians delivered their best ever performance in terms of number of medals by finishing with two silver and seven bronze medals.
Men: Achantha Sharath Kamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Anthony Amalraj, Sanil Shetty, Harmeet Desai.
Women: Mouma Das, K Shamini, Madhurika Patkar, Neha Aggarwal.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs