Indian paddlers gear up for World TT Championship
Mouma Das would spearhead the women's team while the Men's team will be led by Achantha Sharath Kamal.
New Delhi: On a high after the best-ever medal haul at the Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships, nine Indian paddlers - five men and four women, will be leaving on Saturday for the World Championships in Paris starting on Monday.
Men's team will be led by Achantha Sharath Kamal while Mouma Das, who grabbed a silver and three bronze medals in the just concluded championships, will spearhead the women's challenge.
Reigning women's national champion K Shamini will also be a part of the squad for the event starting May 13, after she was declared fit.
"We increased our medal tally in the Commonwealth Championships which is a good sign. But we could have done better and won gold medals. Our players will learn a lot from these championships and will be confident going into Worlds.
They have got good practice before the competition," coach Bhawani Mukherjee said.
Indians delivered their best ever performance in terms of number of medals by finishing with two silver and seven bronze medals.
Men: Achantha Sharath Kamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Anthony Amalraj, Sanil Shetty, Harmeet Desai.
Women: Mouma Das, K Shamini, Madhurika Patkar, Neha Aggarwal.
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview