Indian shooters disappoint in ISSF World Cup
Gagan Narang missed out on the finals by a whisker in the men's air rifle event.
New Delhi: Indian shooters' disappointing show in the ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning, USA continued as all the participants in the 10-metre Air Pistol men's event crashed out in the qualifying round, with Jitu Rai narrowly missing the final cut. Rai finished 11th with a total score of 579 while Amanpreet Singh finished 17th after shooting 576 over six series.
Prakash Nanjappa, who had emerged as India's latest success story in shooting with a bronze medal in the pistol event of the ISSF World Cup in Changwon, South Korea last month, this time had to be contend with a 19th place finish after aggregating 575.
Gagan Narang missed out on the finals by fraction of a point in the men's air rifle event in the ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning, Georgia, in the US on Monday. Gagan Narang on Monday missed out on the finals by a whisker in the men's air rifle event.
The London Olympics bronze medallist shot 621.5 to finish 13th at the end of qualifying rounds at the US Army Marksmanship Unit shooting range in Columbus.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers