Indian shooters win four medals in Czech Republic
India's junior shooters clinched four medals, including a gold at the Meeting of Shooting Hopes tournament.
New Delhi: India's junior shooters on Friday clinched four medals, including a gold at the Meeting of Shooting Hopes tournament in Plzen, Czech Republic.
Besides the gold, they won two silver and a bronze medal. Malaika Goel, a pistol shooter, won individual gold medal. In the qualification round, she shot 381/400 and in finals her score was 201.
The team consisting of Malaika Goel (381), Yashwini (376) and Shreya Gawande (374) won the silver medal in Air Pistol event.
In the free pistol event, Sumedh Kumar bagged a silver medal with a score of 547 (188.5). The gold medal in this event was won by Czech shoter with a score of 558 (191.3), the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) said in a statement.
The team of Arun (539), Karan Pratap Singh (534) and Kapil Kumar (533) won the bronze medal with a score of 1606.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Donald Trump's Daughter Ivanka to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple in Virginia
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender