Dhoni likely to pull out of Test team for SL tour
Harbhajan will be back in the squad after serving his five-match ban.
New Delhi: India's squad for the Test tour of Sri Lanka will be named on Tuesday and sources have told CNN-IBN that pacer S Sreesanth has been ruled out of the series after being advised three weeks rest due to a side strain.
Sreesanth hasn't played since the Indian Premier League and will now be available only for the One-Day series that follows the three Test matches.
Left-arm fast bowler Zaheer Khan will make a comeback after recovering from a heel injury that has kept him out of international cricket this year.
According to some sources One-Day International and Twenty20 skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni may pull out of the series to take a break. The first Test gets underway on July 23 in Colombo.
Dinesh Karthik is expected to be the back-up wicketkeeper and the third opener in the squad, which will allow Dhoni to rest in the practice game before the Test series starts.
Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid will return to take their middle order spots as will off-spinner Harbhajan Singh.
Harbhajan has finished his five-match ban handed to him by the Board of Control for Cricket in India for slapping Sreesanth after an IPL match.
Pragyan Ojha is expected to get the nod ahead of Murali Karthik as the third spinner in the squad.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage