Indian triple jumpers, Gowda turn in poor show
Renjith, Mayookha disappointed in triple jump, while Gowda finished 8th in discus throw on an unfruitful day for India.
London: It was a luckless day for India at the Olympics with its two triple jumpers on show crashing out of the track and field competition here Tuesday.
Male triple jumper Renjith Maheshwary gave a poor account of himself as he failed to qualify for the finals with a 'No Mark' at the Olympic Stadium.
Renjith was shown the red flag in all three of his attempts as he over-stepped during take-off each time. The Indian was the only contestant in the event not to register a jump and finished last in the event.
Mayookha Johny, India's sole woman triple jumper, too failed to qualify for the finals Friday. She finished a dismal 22nd overall with a best effort of 13.77 metres, which she got on her first attempt.
The Indian hockey team also tasted its fifth successive defeat at the hands of Belgium. Belgium dominated the game all through to score three goals.
Late on Tuesday night, Vikas Gowda also disappointed in discus throw by finishing eighth. His best throw was 64.79m, way below winner Robert Harting's 68.27m.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18