DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian triple jumpers, Gowda turn in poor show
Renjith, Mayookha disappointed in triple jump, while Gowda finished 8th in discus throw on an unfruitful day for India.
London: It was a luckless day for India at the Olympics with its two triple jumpers on show crashing out of the track and field competition here Tuesday.
Male triple jumper Renjith Maheshwary gave a poor account of himself as he failed to qualify for the finals with a 'No Mark' at the Olympic Stadium.
Renjith was shown the red flag in all three of his attempts as he over-stepped during take-off each time. The Indian was the only contestant in the event not to register a jump and finished last in the event.
Mayookha Johny, India's sole woman triple jumper, too failed to qualify for the finals Friday. She finished a dismal 22nd overall with a best effort of 13.77 metres, which she got on her first attempt.
The Indian hockey team also tasted its fifth successive defeat at the hands of Belgium. Belgium dominated the game all through to score three goals.
Late on Tuesday night, Vikas Gowda also disappointed in discus throw by finishing eighth. His best throw was 64.79m, way below winner Robert Harting's 68.27m.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?