Indian troops kill Pak soldier in Kashmir: Pak Army
The soldier was killed during firing from the Indian side that began at 10 pm, Pakistan's army said in a statement.
Islamabad: Indian troops killed a Pakistani soldier in Kashmir late on Tuesday, the Pakistani army claimed, the fifth fatality in hostilities between the nuclear armed neighbours since the new year. The soldier was killed at a position called Kundi during firing from the Indian side that began at 10 pm, Pakistan's army said in a statement.
The Pakistani army director of military operations will call his Indian counterpart on Wednesday to complain about the latest killing of the Pakistani soldier. A statement from the Pakistani army said that he would "protest strongly" about the killing on Tuesday.
Two Pakistani and two Indian soldiers were killed in early January in the worst outbreak of violence in Kashmir since the India and Pakistan agreed a ceasefire nearly a decade ago. India and Pakistan have fought three wars since their independence in 1947, two of them over the Himalayan region of Kashmir.
India-Pakistan ties had improved after nose-diving in 2008 when gunmen killed 166 people in Mumbai in a three-day rampage India accuses on a Pakistani militant group. Firing and small skirmishes are common along the internationally recognised 740-km (460-mile) Line of Control in Kashmir despite a ceasefire that was agreed in 2003.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility