Indian woman claims Malaysian employer raped her
She claimed that she was raped almost every day and had to undergo two abortions which the employer paid for.
Kuala Lumpur: A 26-year-old Indian woman has alleged that she was raped and abused by her Malaysian employer for more than a year. The woman, identified only as 'S', said she came to Malaysia in 2010 to work as a cashier at a sundry store before she was employed at a pub in Permas Jaya in Johor state.
The woman, who hails from Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh, said her ordeal began in 2011 when her employer started making advances towards her, the Star newspaper reported.
She claimed that the man had raped her almost daily and would beat her up if she refused to comply. She added that she had to undergo two abortions which he paid for.
She reportedly escaped last month and sought the assistance of a church group and a local workers rights group Tenaganita.
The woman, who said she had lodged complaints with the Indian High Commission and Labour Department, also claimed that she had lodged several police reports, but said her employer only received warnings.
She also alleged that her wages had not been paid for several months.
Tenaganita programme officer Liva Sree Dharan said the organisation had spoken to the employer, asking him to pay the wages he owed the woman.
"She has lodged four police reports. We hope the police will help her and investigate the alleged abuses she had gone through," she was quoted as saying. The police is probing the case.
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper