DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Indian Wrestling League to start from November 6, 2013
The Wrestling Federation of India has announced the commencement of the Indian Wrestling League from November 6.
New Delhi: The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) has announced the commencement of the Indian Wrestling League from November 6, 2013 with six franchisee-owned teams on home-away basis leading to 30 league games followed by the semifinals and final.
Commenting on this, G S Mander, chairman IWL, said: "Since our proposed reschedule dates in April/May were overlapping with IPL coverage by our official broadcaster and since a number of important FILA tournaments including continental Championship and World Championship will be held between April and October 2013, we have chosen this slot in which there is no important international competition and the leading wrestlers of the world will be available for IWL."
"The names of the franchise owners and financial partner shall be announced shortly," he added. In an attempt to promote the sport in the country, the WFI, in association with Leisure Sports Management, had mooted the idea about organising the league.
Recommended For You
- Ssumier Pasricha, Mallika Dua: Meet the Most Viral People on Internet
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish