Indian Wrestling League to start from November 6, 2013
The Wrestling Federation of India has announced the commencement of the Indian Wrestling League from November 6.
New Delhi: The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) has announced the commencement of the Indian Wrestling League from November 6, 2013 with six franchisee-owned teams on home-away basis leading to 30 league games followed by the semifinals and final.
Commenting on this, G S Mander, chairman IWL, said: "Since our proposed reschedule dates in April/May were overlapping with IPL coverage by our official broadcaster and since a number of important FILA tournaments including continental Championship and World Championship will be held between April and October 2013, we have chosen this slot in which there is no important international competition and the leading wrestlers of the world will be available for IWL."
"The names of the franchise owners and financial partner shall be announced shortly," he added. In an attempt to promote the sport in the country, the WFI, in association with Leisure Sports Management, had mooted the idea about organising the league.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone