India's biggest shopping mall opens in Kochi
The mall has nine theatres, 16 pairs of escalators and travelators. There is a 3,500-seat multi-cuisine food court and parking for 3,000 cars.
Kochi: Billed as India's biggest shopping mall, the Lulu Shopping Mall was inaugurated by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Kochi on Sunday. Built at a cost of over Rs 1,600 crore, the mall is spread over 2.5 million square feet of space and is owned by EMKE group of United Arab Emirates (UAE) businessman MA Yousuf Ali, who hails from Kerala.
Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi, state Leader of Opposition VS Achuthanandan, several cabinet colleagues of Chandy and other top Kerala politicians were also present at the occasion.
The mall has nine theatres, 16 pairs of escalators, elevators and travelators. There is a 3,500-seat multi-cuisine food court and parking for 3,000 cars.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills