India's Dancing Superstar: Delhi's group MJ5 wins the title
For the finale, MJ5, a group of boys from Delhi, competed with four other finalists.
Mumbai: Team MJ5, named after the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, bagged the title of 'India's Dancing Superstar' (IDS) at the dance reality show's grand finale Saturday night.
For the finale, MJ5, a group of boys from Delhi, competed with four other finalists - Akshay Pal, Padmini and Debasish, Loyola Group and Palden and Khyati, to win the IDS trophy and a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh on the Star Plus show.
A much deserved winner, the MJ5 group always managed to enthrall viewers with their creative performances, unique styles and visually stunning dance form.
Their happiness knew no bounds when they were announced as the winners - they jumped with joy and hugged each other to celebrate their victory.
The grand finale was graced by Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha, who came to promote their forthcoming film 'Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara!', slated to release Aug 15.
Judged by choreographers Ashley Lobo, Geeta Kapur and Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh, the show was launched April 27. It was hosted by TV actors Aishwarya Sakhuja and Ravi Dubey.
Riteish, for whom the show marked his first tryst with the small screen, also added some Bollywood 'tadka' to the finale by grooving to some of his popular tracks.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films