India's Dancing Superstar: Delhi's group MJ5 wins the title
For the finale, MJ5, a group of boys from Delhi, competed with four other finalists.
Mumbai: Team MJ5, named after the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, bagged the title of 'India's Dancing Superstar' (IDS) at the dance reality show's grand finale Saturday night.
For the finale, MJ5, a group of boys from Delhi, competed with four other finalists - Akshay Pal, Padmini and Debasish, Loyola Group and Palden and Khyati, to win the IDS trophy and a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh on the Star Plus show.
A much deserved winner, the MJ5 group always managed to enthrall viewers with their creative performances, unique styles and visually stunning dance form.
Their happiness knew no bounds when they were announced as the winners - they jumped with joy and hugged each other to celebrate their victory.
The grand finale was graced by Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha, who came to promote their forthcoming film 'Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara!', slated to release Aug 15.
Judged by choreographers Ashley Lobo, Geeta Kapur and Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh, the show was launched April 27. It was hosted by TV actors Aishwarya Sakhuja and Ravi Dubey.
Riteish, for whom the show marked his first tryst with the small screen, also added some Bollywood 'tadka' to the finale by grooving to some of his popular tracks.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson