India's Kynan Chenai wins gold in Singapore Shooting Championship
22-year-old Chenai, a gold medallist at the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games, shot 10 in the final to pip local lad Zain Amat by three scoring points to win gold.
Singapore: Kynan Chenai, a promising Indian shooter and a multiple gold medallist at junior nationals, clinched the trap gold medal in the Singapore Open Shooting Championship.
22-year-old Chenai, a gold medallist at the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games, shot 10 in the final to pip local lad Zain Amat by three scoring points for the yellow metal. Amat shot seven in the final.
Chenai shot an impressive 121 to enter the semi-finals as leader, before a steady 14 out of 15 saw him advance to the gold medal round.
Known to be an expert swimmer as well, Chenai put his skills to use and saved a life while camping in Uttarakhand last year.
Chenai was the gold medallist at the Junior National Shotgun Championship in 2007. He retained the medal the following year, besides winning a silver at the Asian Clay Championships.
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- HITCHED!Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech Goa Wedding