India's Oscar entry 'The Good Road': 10 unknown facts
'The Good Road' is financed and supported by the National Film Development Corp, NFDC.
New Delhi: Debut feature filmmaker Gyan Correa's 'The Good Road' will represent India at the Oscars this year. The film was picked by a committee appointed by the Film Federation of India (FFI), which was led by celebrated Bengali filmmaker Gautam Ghose.
Here is a list of 10 unknown facts about the film:
1. The film is written and directed by Gyan Correa, and it features Sonali Kulkarni and Ajay Gehi in the lead roles.
2. Gyan Correa travelled a lot inside India, researching the lifestyle followed near the highways before staring the film.
3. The film is a collage of several stories which are entwined together by a common premise, a highway.
4. Noted music director Rajat Dholakia has composed the music for 'The Good Road'.
5. Academy Award winner Resul Pookutty is the man behind the sound designing of 'The Good Road'.
6. Paresh Kamdar is the editor of the film. He has earlier directed critically acclaimed films like 'Khargosh' and 'Tunnu Ki Tina'.
7. The film won a National Award this year as Best Feature Film (Gujarati). The last Gujarati film to receive a national award was Upendra Patel's Manvi Ni Bhavai in 1994.
8. 'The Good Road' is financed and supported by the National Film Development Corp, NFDC.
9. This is 42-year-old Gyan Correa's debut feature film.
10. Amitabha Singh, who has shot films like 'Chillar Party' and 'Khosla Ka Ghosla' in the past, has done the cinematography for 'The Good Road'.