IndiGo passenger who slapped air hostess sent to custody
The man identified as Murtaleen Sheikh is a second hand car dealer from Mumbai.
New Delhi: The man, who created a mid-air scare on an IndiGo flight on Wednesday, has been sent to one-day judicial custody. Court is likely to take up his bail matter on Friday. The man identified as Murtaleen Sheikh is a second hand car dealer from Mumbai and had threatened passengers on board the Mumbai-Delhi flight.
One of the passengers on board shot a video in which the man was seen surrounded by other passengers and crew members. Eyewitnesses say he turned violent and even slapped an airhostess. He also tried to move forward in the plane but was restrained by the crew and fellow passengers till the aircraft landed at the airport, sources said.
The cabin crew also took security measures to block his access to the front of the aircraft, they said. IndiGo Airlines authorities have said that the man was handed over to the CISF after landing. Confirming the incident, an IndiGo spokesperson said, "IndiGo is in the process of lodging a FIR with the police and IndiGo shall assist the security agencies in their investigation."
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right