Pakistani envoy meets Indian Foreign Secretary
The meeting was held to discuss the upcoming foreign secretaries' meet.
New Delhi: Pakistani High Commissioner Shahid Malik on Tuesday met Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon in the Capital to decide on the dates for the proposed meeting of the foreign secretaries of the two countries.
Even though there was no official word about the meeting, informed sources the foreign secretary's meeting may take place next week.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, at their meeting on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit in Russia last week, decided that the foreign secretaries will meet soon to review the steps taken by Islamabad to curb anti-India terror emanating from its soil.
The peace process between two neighbours was stalled following November 26 terror attacks in Mumbai that India alleges was planned and executed by leaders of the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba terror gourp.
At least 170 people were killed in the Mumbai carnage last year.
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18