Pakistani envoy meets Indian Foreign Secretary
The meeting was held to discuss the upcoming foreign secretaries' meet.
New Delhi: Pakistani High Commissioner Shahid Malik on Tuesday met Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon in the Capital to decide on the dates for the proposed meeting of the foreign secretaries of the two countries.
Even though there was no official word about the meeting, informed sources the foreign secretary's meeting may take place next week.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, at their meeting on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit in Russia last week, decided that the foreign secretaries will meet soon to review the steps taken by Islamabad to curb anti-India terror emanating from its soil.
The peace process between two neighbours was stalled following November 26 terror attacks in Mumbai that India alleges was planned and executed by leaders of the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba terror gourp.
At least 170 people were killed in the Mumbai carnage last year.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands