India's reform measures very significant: US Treasury Secy
The US Treasury Secretary made the statement at a joint conference with Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
New Delhi: India's recent reform measures are "very significant" and will fuel private investment in the economy, US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said during a visit to New Delhi on Tuesday.
India has announced a series of measures, including raising the price of subsidised fuel and opening the retail sector to foreign supermarkets, to revive economic growth, which has slowed to a near three-year low.
"The reforms outlined by the government of India offer a very promising path to improving growth outcomes for the Indian economy," Geithner said at a joint news conference with Indian Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch