India's reform measures very significant: US Treasury Secy
The US Treasury Secretary made the statement at a joint conference with Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
New Delhi: India's recent reform measures are "very significant" and will fuel private investment in the economy, US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said during a visit to New Delhi on Tuesday.
India has announced a series of measures, including raising the price of subsidised fuel and opening the retail sector to foreign supermarkets, to revive economic growth, which has slowed to a near three-year low.
"The reforms outlined by the government of India offer a very promising path to improving growth outcomes for the Indian economy," Geithner said at a joint news conference with Indian Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be