India's reform measures very significant: US Treasury Secy
The US Treasury Secretary made the statement at a joint conference with Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
New Delhi: India's recent reform measures are "very significant" and will fuel private investment in the economy, US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said during a visit to New Delhi on Tuesday.
India has announced a series of measures, including raising the price of subsidised fuel and opening the retail sector to foreign supermarkets, to revive economic growth, which has slowed to a near three-year low.
"The reforms outlined by the government of India offer a very promising path to improving growth outcomes for the Indian economy," Geithner said at a joint news conference with Indian Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves