Industry bodies urge govt to provide land for airport
<p>Two local industry bodies have requested the Jharkhand Government to provide land to Tata Steel for building an airport in Jamshedpur.</p>
Two local industry bodies have requested the Jharkhand Government to provide land to Tata Steel for building an airport in Jamshedpur.
In a joint meeting in Jamshedpur on Sunday, the Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Adityapur Small Industries Association expressed anguish over the delay in providing the land and decided to launch a campaign soon.
Tata Steel has a proposal to set up an International airport at Gamariah, six kms from Jamshedpur, in adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district and requires 600 acres of land for the purpose.
Earlier, Tata Board has approved the airport with a proposed runway of 7500 ft to be developed at a cost of Rs 800 crore.
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha