Industry bodies urge govt to provide land for airport
<p>Two local industry bodies have requested the Jharkhand Government to provide land to Tata Steel for building an airport in Jamshedpur.</p>
Two local industry bodies have requested the Jharkhand Government to provide land to Tata Steel for building an airport in Jamshedpur.
In a joint meeting in Jamshedpur on Sunday, the Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Adityapur Small Industries Association expressed anguish over the delay in providing the land and decided to launch a campaign soon.
Tata Steel has a proposal to set up an International airport at Gamariah, six kms from Jamshedpur, in adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district and requires 600 acres of land for the purpose.
Earlier, Tata Board has approved the airport with a proposed runway of 7500 ft to be developed at a cost of Rs 800 crore.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner