Inflation impact: How much Rs 100 from 1939 will be worth now
Calculate what yours or your father's first salary would be in today's currency.
Most of us would have heard from the generations past what all they could buy for a only a rupee during their time. But with a list of inflation-altered products we couldn't always gauge their comparative worth in today's time.
So we took the Wholesale Price Index based inflation figures for the last 74 years and converted them all to the base year 1939 for easier comparison and came up with the graph below that shows the value of Rs 100 from the past 74 years in 2013. You can now calculate what yours or your mother's or father's first salary would be in today's currency.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Ready to Sell his Pyjama to Buy MS Dhoni in IPL 2018
- Nokia 3310 Selling for Rs 3,899 Online, Shipping Starts Soon
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Stuttgart Open: Maria Sharapova Marks Comeback From Ban With Win
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office