Inflation impact: How much Rs 100 from 1939 will be worth now
Calculate what yours or your father's first salary would be in today's currency.
Most of us would have heard from the generations past what all they could buy for a only a rupee during their time. But with a list of inflation-altered products we couldn't always gauge their comparative worth in today's time.
So we took the Wholesale Price Index based inflation figures for the last 74 years and converted them all to the base year 1939 for easier comparison and came up with the graph below that shows the value of Rs 100 from the past 74 years in 2013. You can now calculate what yours or your mother's or father's first salary would be in today's currency.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- pune odiKedar Jadhav Gave Us No Chance, Says England Captain Eoin Morgan
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know
- Musical magicJaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Raghu Dixit, Swanand Kirkire to Perform This Year