Infosys Techie Murdered in Pune Office, Security Guard Arrested
Police have arrested a man working as a watchman at the Infosys office in Pune on Monday for the murder of a 25-year-old woman.
Pune Police have arrested a watchman after a 25-year old woman was found murdered inside the Infosys office at the city's IT hub of Hinjawadi.
The victim, identified by PTI as systems engineer OP Rasila from Kerala, worked on the ninth floor office at the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park.
The accused, identified as Bhabhen Saikia, allegedly killed Rasila by strangling her with a computer cord in her cabin inside the office on Sunday night. A case of murder has been registered.
Also Read: Crime Against Women in Pune: A Timeline
A source said Saikia is from Assam and was preparing to flee there when he was detained by the police at Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station on Sunday night. He was formally arrested on Monday morning.
"The incident might have taken place around 5 PM but we received a call around 8 PM. Rasila was employed as a software engineer by the firm," Assistant Commissioner of Police Vaishali Jadhav-Mane said.
"Her manager was trying to call her, but there was no response. He then called and asked a security guard to go and check, and when the security guard went to see her, the woman was found lying on the floor in an unconscious state in the conference room," the officer added.
The cause of the murder is not yet known.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Padmavati Row: Aditi Rao Hydari Speaks Out Against 'Supari' on Deepika, Bhansali
- Manushi Chhillar's Outfit Will Go Down In The Archives As Our Legacy, Say Designers Falguni-Shane
- Ed Sheeran in Mumbai, Overwhelmed by Response of His Indian 'Sheerios'
- Pujara Achieves Rare Feat; Joins Shastri, Boycott in Illustrious List
- Miss World 2017: Manushi Chhillar Always Calm and Composed, Reveals Ramp Walk Trainer