DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Injured Daly withdraws from Avantha Masters
The 45-year-old said that his "elbow snapped" when he played a shot on the ninth hole during the first round.
New Delhi: American John Daly has withdrawn from the $2.4 million Avantha Masters golf tournament after an elbow injury sustained during the first round.
Daly had said after his first round of 7-over 79 on Thursday that he had probably torn ligaments in his right elbow.
The 45-year-old said on Twitter that his "elbow snapped" when he played a shot on the ninth hole.
Daly posted a photo on his Twitter page with his right arm in a cast, saying "no bones are broken, possible torn ligaments according to European Tour Docs--getting home for X-rays!"
Daly is a two-time Major winner with titles at the 1991 PGA championship and the 1995 British Open.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan