Injured Del Potro pulls out of Paris Masters
Juan Martin Del Potro has withdrawn from the Paris Masters because of a shoulder injury.
Paris: Juan Martin Del Potro has withdrawn from the Paris Masters because of a shoulder injury.
The tournament started on Monday and the Argentine's withdrawal ends his chances of qualifying for the ATP World Tour Finals.
Del Potro said: "My shoulder started bothering me in Valencia and it got worse after each round."
The 2009 US Open champion lost to Marcel Granollers of Spain in the semi-finals of the Valencia Open on Saturday.
Earlier, Rafael Nadal withdrew from the Paris Masters on Thursday.
Argentina will face Spain in the December 2-4 Davis Cup final in Sevilla, where Del Potro and Nadal are both expected to lead their respective countries.
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'