Injured Del Potro pulls out of Paris Masters
Juan Martin Del Potro has withdrawn from the Paris Masters because of a shoulder injury.
Paris: Juan Martin Del Potro has withdrawn from the Paris Masters because of a shoulder injury.
The tournament started on Monday and the Argentine's withdrawal ends his chances of qualifying for the ATP World Tour Finals.
Del Potro said: "My shoulder started bothering me in Valencia and it got worse after each round."
The 2009 US Open champion lost to Marcel Granollers of Spain in the semi-finals of the Valencia Open on Saturday.
Earlier, Rafael Nadal withdrew from the Paris Masters on Thursday.
Argentina will face Spain in the December 2-4 Davis Cup final in Sevilla, where Del Potro and Nadal are both expected to lead their respective countries.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology