Injured Murray pulls out of Rogers Cup
The Olympic gold medallist did it due to a knee injury ahead of his third round tie against Milos Raonic.
Toronto: Andy Murray has pulled out of the third round of the Rogers Cup with a knee injury.
The Olympic gold medalist says he hurt his left knee during the opening match against Flavio Cipolla of Italy. Murray was to play Canadian Milos Raonic late Thursday.
Murray says he's unsure whether he will play in the ATP Tour's next stop in Cincinnati or the upcoming U.S. Open.
His withdrawal follows a string of pullouts at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal withdrew before the tournament began.
In the women's event at Montreal, Roberta Vinci routed former champion Ana Ivanovic 6-0, 6-0.
The 28th-ranked Vinci needed only 45 minutes to eliminate 12th-ranked Ivanovic and advance to the third round of the hardcourt tournament. Ivanovic won the Rogers Cup in 2006.
Carla Suarez Navarro upset Sabine Lisicki 3-6, 6-3, 6-4, while No. 10 Marion Bartoli advanced with a 6-1, 6-3 win over Shuai Peng.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra