Injured Novak Djokovic a doubt for Monte Carlo
Djokovic will make a late decision on his participation in the next week's Monte Carlos Masters because of an ankle problem.
Paris: World number one Novak Djokovic will make a late decision on his participation in the next week's Monte Carlos Masters because of an ankle problem.
"The world's top player has undergone an MRI examination this morning which revealed no structural damage to the joint capsule and ligaments," a statement on Djokovic's website (www.novakdjokovic.com) read on Tuesday.
"A joint structures strain requires therapy and strict rest in the following days. Depending on the recovery, a decision will be made on Nole's participation at the upcoming tournament in Monte Carlo."
Djokovic, who reached the final of the clay court tournament last year, picked up the ankle injury as he led Serbia to a Davis Cup quarter-final win against the United States at the weekend.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology