Injured Tendulkar doubtful for Australia Test series
He suffered an elbow injury during the third and final Test against Sri Lanka.
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar could miss the four-Test series against Australia starting in Bangalore on October 9 after he pulled out of the Irani Cup tie between Ranji Trophy Champions Delhi and the Rest of India due to stiffness in his elbow.
"Sachin is still feeling slight stiffness in his elbow and Paul Close (National Cricket Academy physio) has advised him to skip the match. We (selection committee) will decide on a suitable replacement by tomorrow evening," Chief Selector Dilip Vengsarkar said on Saturday.
Tendulkar suffered the elbow injury during the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at Colombo in August and missed the subsequent One-Day series. He has not played any competitive cricket since then.
He was selected to represent Rest of India to be led by Anil Kumble in the Irani tie, which is scheduled to held from September 24 to 28 at Vadodara.
He had earlier declared himself available for the Irani Trophy match.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.