Injured Tendulkar doubtful for Australia Test series
He suffered an elbow injury during the third and final Test against Sri Lanka.
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar could miss the four-Test series against Australia starting in Bangalore on October 9 after he pulled out of the Irani Cup tie between Ranji Trophy Champions Delhi and the Rest of India due to stiffness in his elbow.
"Sachin is still feeling slight stiffness in his elbow and Paul Close (National Cricket Academy physio) has advised him to skip the match. We (selection committee) will decide on a suitable replacement by tomorrow evening," Chief Selector Dilip Vengsarkar said on Saturday.
Tendulkar suffered the elbow injury during the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at Colombo in August and missed the subsequent One-Day series. He has not played any competitive cricket since then.
He was selected to represent Rest of India to be led by Anil Kumble in the Irani tie, which is scheduled to held from September 24 to 28 at Vadodara.
He had earlier declared himself available for the Irani Trophy match.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom