Instagram for Android update adds tablet support
The Instagram app lets people apply various filters to the photos they snap with their mobile devices.
New Delhi: It's been not even a week since Instagram, the popular photo-taking and photo-sharing app, hit the Android market, and now the the company is pushing out updates to enhance support.
The company has now released the latest 1.0.3. update of Instagram that claims to offer expanded support for tablets and WiFi handsets, app installation on the SD card for storage-limited users and fixing an audio mute bug during capture. The update also fixes several small bugs.
"On 6 April, version 1.0.3 of Instagram for Android was released in the Google Play store. Users can download the latest version here," said the company.
Google Play reports that the Instagram app has been downloaded up to five million times in the four days since it hit the Android market.
The app has already been available on the iPhone and iPod Touch, where it's been downloaded more than 30 million times.
Free to use, Instagram lets people apply various filters to the photos they snap with their mobile devices.
Recommended For You
- Moment of Reckoning For Kohli, Smith and Dharamsala
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Alia-Sidharth, Sonakshi-Bunty and Others Attend Anushka's Phillauri Special Screening
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium