DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Instagram sex rumours trigger protests in Sweden
Dozens of angry youths in southwestern Sweden pelted police with rocks and bottles.
Stockholm: Dozens of angry youths in southwestern Sweden pelted police with rocks and bottles in unrest apparently triggered by derogatory material published on the Internet.
No injuries were reported Tuesday, but police detained 27 youths in the clashes at the Plus High School in Goteborg, Sweden's second-largest city.
Swedish public television said the students were upset over photos and sexually explicit texts about local teenagers that someone posted on photo-sharing site Instagram.
Police said in a statement they were investigating whether the publication amounted to defamation. They were also reviewing footage of the clashes to determine if anyone involved could be charged with rioting.
Separately, Instagram faced a storm of outrage after a change in its user agreement hinted that it might use shared photos in ads.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar