Instagram, Vine, other websites using Amazon Web Services go down
Amazon Web Services provides companies with online storage and computing power.
New York: Amazon's unit that runs Web servers for other companies had problems Sunday that coincided with outages or slowdowns on several popular websites.
AirBnB says its site was one of those affected. Other services that were slow or unavailable included Instagram and Twitter's Vine video-sharing application.
Online home rental service AirBnB tweeted at 4:32 pm ET that it was one of several websites and apps that were temporarily down because Amazon server problems.
Instagram sent a tweet saying it was aware some users were having trouble loading Instagram and that was working on the problem. Vine later sent a similar tweet.
Amazon Web Services provides companies with online storage and computing power. Its website showed several problems resolved on Sunday evening, with a few remaining.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology