Instagram, Vine, other websites using Amazon Web Services go down
Amazon Web Services provides companies with online storage and computing power.
New York: Amazon's unit that runs Web servers for other companies had problems Sunday that coincided with outages or slowdowns on several popular websites.
AirBnB says its site was one of those affected. Other services that were slow or unavailable included Instagram and Twitter's Vine video-sharing application.
Online home rental service AirBnB tweeted at 4:32 pm ET that it was one of several websites and apps that were temporarily down because Amazon server problems.
Instagram sent a tweet saying it was aware some users were having trouble loading Instagram and that was working on the problem. Vine later sent a similar tweet.
Amazon Web Services provides companies with online storage and computing power. Its website showed several problems resolved on Sunday evening, with a few remaining.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells