DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Electoral Bonds A Retrograde Step, EC Tells Parliament Panel
File image of Election Commission office in New Delhi.
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Friday told a Parliamentary Committee that electoral bonds introduced by the government is a "retrograde" step as it would compromise transparency in political funding.
The Commission, in a written submission to the parliamentary standing committee on Law and Personnel, said changes made in the election laws after the introduction of the bonds would compromise transparency in political fundings.
Senior Commission officials, including Deputy Election Commissioners Umesh Sinha and Vijay Dev, had appeared before the committee today to speak on EVMs, paper trail machines and electoral reforms.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa