DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kalmadi may be sacked as IOA President
Sports Minister Ajay Maken says it is embarrassing that the IOA chief has been arrested.
New Delhi: Suresh Kalmadi could be sacked as Indian Olympic Association President following his arrest by the Central Bureau of Investigation in the Commonwealth Games Time Scoring Equipment scam.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken said that his ministry would write to the IOA asking them to remove Kalmadi and elect a new President as it is embarrassing for the country that the IOA chief has been arrested.
Kalmadi, who is a Congress MP from Pune in Maharshstra, was sacked on January 24, 2011 as Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman following allegations of his involvement in Commonwealth Games corruption cases.
Although the Congress has distanced itself from Kalmadi but he still remains a member of the party.
Till now seven people including Kalmadi have been arrested in connection with the Commonwealth Games scam. The others who have been arrested include Verma, Lalit Bhanot, Sanjay Mohindroo, M Jayachandran, TS Darbai and Kalmadi's personal assistant Shekhar Deorukhkar.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere