Kalmadi may be sacked as IOA President
Sports Minister Ajay Maken says it is embarrassing that the IOA chief has been arrested.
New Delhi: Suresh Kalmadi could be sacked as Indian Olympic Association President following his arrest by the Central Bureau of Investigation in the Commonwealth Games Time Scoring Equipment scam.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken said that his ministry would write to the IOA asking them to remove Kalmadi and elect a new President as it is embarrassing for the country that the IOA chief has been arrested.
Kalmadi, who is a Congress MP from Pune in Maharshstra, was sacked on January 24, 2011 as Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman following allegations of his involvement in Commonwealth Games corruption cases.
Although the Congress has distanced itself from Kalmadi but he still remains a member of the party.
Till now seven people including Kalmadi have been arrested in connection with the Commonwealth Games scam. The others who have been arrested include Verma, Lalit Bhanot, Sanjay Mohindroo, M Jayachandran, TS Darbai and Kalmadi's personal assistant Shekhar Deorukhkar.
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18