DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kalmadi may be sacked as IOA President
Sports Minister Ajay Maken says it is embarrassing that the IOA chief has been arrested.
New Delhi: Suresh Kalmadi could be sacked as Indian Olympic Association President following his arrest by the Central Bureau of Investigation in the Commonwealth Games Time Scoring Equipment scam.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken said that his ministry would write to the IOA asking them to remove Kalmadi and elect a new President as it is embarrassing for the country that the IOA chief has been arrested.
Kalmadi, who is a Congress MP from Pune in Maharshstra, was sacked on January 24, 2011 as Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman following allegations of his involvement in Commonwealth Games corruption cases.
Although the Congress has distanced itself from Kalmadi but he still remains a member of the party.
Till now seven people including Kalmadi have been arrested in connection with the Commonwealth Games scam. The others who have been arrested include Verma, Lalit Bhanot, Sanjay Mohindroo, M Jayachandran, TS Darbai and Kalmadi's personal assistant Shekhar Deorukhkar.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017